- The objective of this coaching course of study is to present a scientific and analytic approach in learning the fundamentals of English Language endeavoring to present learning the modern concepts of English grammar and its usage in daily life.
- This online customized course in learning English would help students to take any competitive exam without fear and with full understanding.
- The capsule provided for learning by the candidate is designed to make this course readable and more attractive leading to success in building a progressive future.
- The correctness in learning the fundamentals of English is stressed so that clarity is not comprised.
- This curriculum contains an exhaustive detail of different parts of speech with special reference to their kinds, usage, distinction, interchange of matter etc.
- Special care has been taken to enable young scholars to learn and understand the art of writing correct sentences, while at the same time build a vocabulary in an easy way.
- Such topics as the Tense, the Voice, the Narration, the Transformation, the Analysis, the Synthesis, the Article, the Punctuation, the Use of Prepositions, Idioms etc, have an important place in the process of all English writing, and have been dealt with exhaustively. Modern grammatical usage of Determiners, Modals and Non-finites find an important place in this Course design.
- All the important chapters are followed by comprehensive and exhaustive multiple choice (MCQ's) exercises for practice for students which are very useful in taking entrance exams.
The Course will be divided into three sections namely:
- General Grammar
- Vocabulary Usage
- Sentence Completion (Words and Phrases) and Comprehension Ability
Audio lessons would also be provided to you wherever necessary. Lesson materials and CD's will be sent at your mailing address for learning and reference. These lessons mailed to you will be very informative, exhaustive and self explanatory, mostly in the form of interesting presentations. Each point in a lesson will be explained and exercises and tests would be given after every chapter.
One lesson of vocabulary usage of Antonym and Synonym is given as a demonstration lesson.
- A Book of English Idioms by V. H. Collins
- A Dictionary of Modern English Usage by H. W. Fowler
- A Grammar of English Words by H. E. Palmer
- A Guide to Patterns and Usage in English by A. S. Hornby
- A Hand Book of English Grammar by R. W. Zandvoort
- A Practical English Grammar by A. J. Thomson & A.V. Martinet
- A Remedial English Grammar for Foreign Students by F.T. Wood
- A Second Book of English Idioms by V. H. Collins
- An A.B.C. of English Usage by V. H. Collins
- Contemporary English Grammar, Structure and Composition by David Green
- Current English Usage by F. T. Wood
- Desk Book of Correct English by Michael West & P. F. Kimber
- English Grammar, Composition & Usage by J. C. Nesfield
- High School English Grammar & Composition by P. C. Wren & H. Martin
- Modern English Grammar by J. C. Nesfield
- Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary of Current English (2010 and 2014)
Books Recommended for Purchase
- How to prepare for the T.O.E.F.L.: Test of English As a Foreign Language (Barron’s How to prepare for the Test of English As a Foreign Language T.O.E.F.L) by Pamela J.Sharepe
- Toefl Practice Tests by Educational Testing Service (Paperback)
- Wren and Martin (Grammar book)
- Common Errors in English Usage (Paul Brians)
- RAPIDEX Book of Common Errors in English.
- Common Errors in English (Martin Fornandoz)
- Common Errors in English (R. Gupta’s) English/Hindi
- Common Errors in English (Terry O’Brien)
Since English is a mixture of words from many languages, there is no set
of rules that will cover the spelling of all English words. This is
because a large part of English tradition life and language is based
upon classical origins. A list of confusables is given in your content
to highlight this. Long ago Latin and Greek had been the language
of civilization in England. This Greeco-Roman culture in school time table was thus irritably accepted.
To simplify the use of this very rich English language course, examples are given and a large number of alternatives to practice the appropriate antonyms for which proper synonyms have to be chosen. After making this exhaustive practice, the student should do well to compare the correct answer given. By different exercises, and ample illustrations the uses of vocabulary can be perfected by comparing the answers, given automatically without any external heip.